> Kevin wrote:
> Too bad it's only for a lease.

Why would you want to buy?  With all of the dirt cheap cars flooding
the market, I'm betting re-sale/trade-in values will be crap.

Lease deals are great because:

1.) Usually you can get a great money factor (e.g., VW deal)
2.) They ALWAYS inflate the residual based on what THEY think the car is worth.
3.) You know how much you're screwed up front.

There's a Cheers episode where Sammy and the boys pull off a great
prank on Gary's Olde Town Tavern.  They wait and wait for the
retaliation, but eventually their paranoia is driving them nuts so
they decide to "screw ourselves, screw ourselves."

They shave the letters GARY into their heads and get press coverage.
Feeling the relief they go back to the bar and bask in the glory.
After a while Gary comes in to rub in how great his vacation had been.

I point that out because screwing yourself came be very cost efficient.