> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050826/ap_on_fe_st/britain_hu
> man_zoo;_ylt=ApAOSZNMcsgSX99t7dLaKo8PLBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW0
> 4NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

> Basicallt have a bunch of barely clothed people doing
> whatever.  from the article..

> " "A lot of people think humans are above other animals,"
> he told The Associated Press. "When they see humans as
> animals, here, it kind of reminds us that we're not that
> special."

> HOW ABSURD IS THAT STATEMENT?!  Of course we're special.
> We have the ability to build tools to travel in space, to
> go to the moon.  We have the ability to manipulate other
> lifeforms.  We're selfish, greedy, we have the ability to
> end most life on earth, including ourselves.

> I think that's fricken special!

Well yeah... most other anmials don't appear to have what I would call
conceit... high blood pressure, heart attacks... They do occasionally
become neurotic, but it's usually after human intervention. There's
always the famous Clemens quote: man is the only animal that can blush
- or needs to. I certainly believe humans are unique -- but I don't
believe we're unique for the historically popular reason of
"intelligence" (which I'm told has had its definition changed each
time another animal displayed the criteria necessary to qualify). But
most of the smarter animals like dolphins and the like don't have
oposable thumbs. Other primates have them but don't seem to have any
desire to go to the moon, and I don't blame them. It's boring and the
only reason anyone goes there is for the crummy little amusement park.
:)

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with