> Sam wrote:
>  I recently read a report about customer satisfaction and reliability.
>  The Japanese cars are still tops but not by much, and then the big three
> American automakers (is Chrysler still considered American?).

Every time I get a car I always take a fresh look at American cars and
I always walk away.  Part of it could be habit, and I'd really like a
burb when I have kids, but American cars just don't seem to be
designed with the driver in mind.

As to reliability, it's over-rated.  Many of the expensive cars push
the envelop and that stuff breaks.  That's not to say their quality
assurance programs couldn't use a beef up but if you want cool stuff
you gotta expect that it's going to break.

The real problem with Euro cars is that they're cancelling their free
service.  This could make me switch to Nippon if they finally start
putting some real engines in (Subaru WRX STi not included).