http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/29/markets/stockswatch/index.htm

" NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Stocks look set for a lower start Monday as
Hurricane Katrina's fury sent investors running for cover before the
opening bell with oil touching a record $70 a barrel."

and..

"Hurricane Katrina barreled through the Gulf of Mexico, hitting oil
refineries along the way, forcing refiners and oil producers to shutter
their operations."