From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:56 am
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Inside 9/11

> Brian wrote:
> So the quick military success was surprising. A country clear of terrorists?
> Drug prod near zero? Secure borders? HA...we can't even do that at home.

He he, well, truth be told, there're no areas of the US where local
warlords make the law although some people consider Chicago such an
area.

We have a general sense of law and order and while there are a few
drug plots here and there, you won't find many 10,000 acre poppy
fields.

You're right to be impressed by the military effort in Afghanistan,
though, but we had a few things going for us:

1.) Top notch spy satellites that cataloged every surface target and
it's damage ahead of the troops.

2.) A moronic Taliban that did virtually nothing to prepare as they
never thought we'd invade.

3.) Large support from many, if not most, of the local warlords
secured via the Green Beret.

4.) HUMINT, also secured by the Green Beret and other special Ops forces.

5.) Local population support, again, due to a moronic Taliban.

6.) Regional support, and, really, global support.  Staging areas, etc.

7.) A ready made alternative government mostly pre-supported.

8.) A motivated set of troops

9.) High tech equipment capable of 24/7, especially night, fighting.

10.) A buttload of ammo.