> Brian wrote:
> It really is the worst of both worlds right now it seems.

+100

> I think i'm as tired of global warming as I was with El Nino. This idea that
> we have some sort of over-arching master control over mother nature is
> laughable.

Well I don't think that's the idea.  The idea is that we have an
influence over our environment and enough of one to make it very
uncomfortable for us.  Maybe enough to start a process we're not smart
enough to reverse.  If that's the case we could doom ourselves.  And
when you look at our blue marble in a sea of black, we ain't got many
altenatives if we crap in our bed.

> You've got 4 smart people who believe ABC, and you've got 4 different smart
> people who believe XYZ.  You need to choose a team of 4.....you choose all 4
> people from the first group.

The even larger problem is, ABC people are mostly concerned with
banning A even though we've got lots of troops being killed in B.  XYZ
people know how to get our troops out of B, but the ABC people won't
listen to them because XYZers don't want to ban A.

So we're left with a bunch of C listers running a war in B when what
we really need is X-men.