Sam wrote:
> Now why are you so hell bent on the term marriage? What's wrong with
> civil union if they can get all the same rights?

What's wrong with drinking fountains for black people, if they get the
same water?  "Separate but equal" never has been.

My homosexual friends want to get *married*, not form a corporation.
And, if you take away the word and the connotations it carries, then you
haven't given them all the same rights.

I know I'm not one to stick my nose into the political arguments, but
this one strikes close to home.  I may be a middle-class straight white
guy, but it offends me that people would want to deny something to my
friends, just because they're brains are wired differently.  Hell, my
brain's wired differently -- am I to be told that I can't get married
because I have depression?

Grah.  This issue steams me pretty good.  Sorry if I seem belligerent.

--Ben