> Larry wrote:
> They ought to give that caption person a raise for that one.
>

>From Andy Borowitz:

EXPERTS CALL BUSH PRESIDENCY WORST DISASTER IN NATION'S HISTORY
Cost of Damage Estimated In The Zillions

Four and a half years after he was first sworn in as president,
experts in the field of disaster assessment today called the
presidency of George W. Bush the worst disaster in the history of the
United States of America.

The sober assessment came from the University of Minnesota's Enormous
Disaster Institute, which studies and attempts to quantify colossal
disasters, both natural and manmade.

Dr. Lorraine Cresser, who heads the Institute, said that the
University of Minnesota experts decided to place the current
administration at the top of the nation's list of huge disasters after
assessing the damage the White House has caused over the past four and
a half years, both at home and abroad.

"After taking a good look at the wreckage the Bush presidency has
created, we would estimate the cost of the damage at somewhere in the
mid to high zillions," Dr. Cresser said.

Hours after the University of Minnesota released its findings, House
Speaker Dennis Hastert said that given the high price tag, rebuilding
the Bush presidency "doesn't make sense to me."

Speaking to reporters on Capitol Hill, Rep. Hastert said that based on
what he had seen of the Bush presidency lately, "It looks like a lot
of it could be bulldozed."

But hours later, the Speaker backtracked somewhat, telling reporters,
"Like most Republicans in Congress, I have been drinking very heavily
for the past several days."

Elsewhere, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said today
that his department would intensify the search for those missing since
Hurricane Katrina hit, including Vice President Dick Cheney.