And of course that's the point here: it's not "prayer" we're against.  It's
the president of a non-denominational, non-religious union suggesting that
everybody dedicate a whole day to prayer.

He could have say "National Day of Rememberance" (without the prayer) or
"National Day of stop being so fucking selfish" (which would probably be
better) but he brought his religious zealotry to the national level AND
intimated that it was okay because it's always been there.

That's my bigger worry: our president seems to be under the mistaken belief
that our country has always been evangelical.  That whole "separation of
church and state" thing was just an unfortunate error - one that should
really rectified to match what everybody in the country OBVIOUSLY wants.

> (p.s. sorry re: last thread, and I do plan to reply to it at some
> point, but I've been real busy and I want to respond when I'm in a
> better mood.)

No problem... I don't take anything personally.

With my attitude if I did I'd probably be dead by know... or working at the
DMV.

Jim Davis