Ah, but if you read many news reports, the message they are giving is that
the destruction is in response to the Israeli 'occupation'. If so, then they
would be destroying signs of the Israeli government. They are not.
If Israel destroyed all the 'unused' mosques in Israel, there would be war.
There was massive orgies of death when a mosque was turned (back) into a
Hindu shrine a year or so back.

As to what happened to the Mosques in Israel, they are still there.

I don't think the world is out to get me, Jews or Israel. Just Islam, the
media, the UN, and a few other groups out there. Islam has been pushing for
the destruction of Jews and Israel for a LOOOOONG time. The media plays the
situation for their own use while spouting more than enough lies to keep the
conflict going. The UN just stands back and issues anti-Israel resolutions
on a regular basis.

And yes, Israel wants peace. They gave the entire Sinai back to Egypt for
peace and didn't really get it. They exited Lebanon and are still being
attacked by Hezbollah (under the watch of the UN). They've given land to the
Palestinians again and again and we see where that's getting them. How much
more does Israel have to do before people start asking what the other side
is going to do/give. They've compromised and compromised and the result is
fire and rockets. The middle east is not a place of compromise but Israel
keeps trying. I guess we'll just have to wait till Iran has the bomb and
we'll see the situation resolved once and for all.