Mike!
oops....

have you just tried asking it to "go, in peace"? might work.

i have had similar problems.
my parents house in upstate is fairly quiet & normal.
when ever i return home, some thing there either wakes up, or comes
along for the ride.

you will here some one walking up the stairs & trying door nobs.
also weird rattle snake sounds in the sun room.
mom also see's some one sitting in different chairs in the house.

but only when i am around.
i don't get any of that here in Ohio, just NY.

except one time when i had odd tv static, & saw a couple of older
people smiling at me.
like on of those hairy potter moving pictures.
that creeped me out. but was for only a minute or so...

i think our own imaginations can trigger certain energies.