Dawson, Michael wrote:

>1. We do have A records externally.  We are not using a host header on
>the cce.* web site, however.  It is also the only site that is
>configured to use SSL.  AND, it has its own IP address inside and out.

Ahh, thats probably your culprit right there - anything hitting IIS at
port 443 is getting redirected to the cce.* website. Dunno, though,
where your art.* and pt.* domains lie - are they on a different physical
IPs?

As far as the wildcard SSL, (don't quote me on this) but I think its
limited only to the domain name, and not the physical IP - IIS does all
the secure work before it hits the TCP/IP stack. Though maybe others on
the list here have more of an understanding of SSL mechanics. I'm
guessing you'd have to install the same wildcard SSL cert on each of the
virtual domains you'd like to be protected. And since they fall under
*.evansville.edu it should all pan out.

Erik