stty erase <hit the backspace key>

You can put that command in the profile but doing the ^H in vi is
awkward.

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 22:15
To: CF-Community
Subject: Linux gurus, unite!

OK .. I can set up NAT, IPChains rulesets, DHCP, DNS, and
'all-the-good-stuff' on any Linux box, but I can't figure out why my new
Linux installation won't let me use the backspace or delete keys on my
keyboard using bash.  Argh!  It is such a PITA trying to do any
meaningfull editing under that circumstance.  What do I need to install
to get it working (color would be nice too, but isn't required)?  Also,
my paths are screwed up.  I can't just type "ifconfig" and have Linux
find the command .. I have to do '/sbin/ifconfig' to get what I need.
Help?

Todd
-----
Todd for president
Still declaring that *nix is better than any MS stuff, for a better
tomorrow.