Check the download again - you're not required to give an email address
- it's there, and it will prompt you to give an email address if you
submit the form with the checkboxes checked but no address (sneaky, yes).

That said, yes, it would be very nice if Apple would play nice and
decouple iTunes and Quicktime installers, or give you an option to not
install iTunes (I believe iTunes requires Quicktime, so it can't go both
ways).  Personally, I use iTunes (on both Windows and Mac) and prefer
Quicktime over WMV or Re(buffering... buffering...
buffering...)alPlayer, so for me it's not a big deal.

- Jim