Regarding slavery, America was not built on slavery. A very small
percentage of people in America actually owned slaves; and it was not legal
through the majority of the country.

In the north where the majority of the manufacturing and mercantile
industry was there was no slavery.

I don't know if you know this. America fought a war in which 3 Million
troops, out of about 30 - 35 Million people, slaves included, and over
600,000 died. The roots of this war were slavery. While Lincoln said the
war was to preserve the union, the South said it was over slavery.

Does this make it right. Of course not, but people need to stop and look at
the facts sometimes.

I deny that America in general spends a lot of time in front of the TV.
Most people I know don't have time to watch TV. They are working and going
to school and taking care of kids. I only have time to watch TV for about 3
or 4 hours a week.

As for people buying things they do not need. Of course people buy things
they don't need. Everybody buys things they don't need. I am sure you buy
things you do not need. We are people, we want things. Hey I don't need to
have a computer, a truck, a TV, or even electric lights. I could walk to
work, and get up with sun and go to bed with stars. But I don't want to.
Does that make me a bad person?