From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:38 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: REAL news from Iraq

> Kevin wrote:
> I never assume that.  Unless I'm in a discussion with someone about the
war
> and they say "I support the troops"  the only question I then ask is
> "Really, how?"

I can answer that one: by paying their salary, feeding them, clothing
them, housing them, and transporting them. Of course I also pay to
train them, get them weapons, and give them vacation time, sick time,
and retirement.

As with any employee, you wish them the best and you want them to
succeed because if they do, you do.

That having been said, I wonder how many would walk away from Iraq if
they were able to?  Given that recruiting numbers have been way down
for a few years and the military has resorted to  taking the "class
4s", maybe we have our answer.

Iraq is a policy debate and the Administration's assumptions have
turned out to be crap.  Further Mr. Bush refuses to bolster his
current direction, pick a new one, or get a new team in.

If I were a soldier, I could fight to get my buddies out alive, but I
sure as hell wouldn't be following Mr. Bush - he proved himself
strategically useless back when he bankrupted his first company.