> Wayne  wrote:
> We didn't evolve with wallets, and not everyone is obsessed with
> grabbing as much money as they can.

Ah, but we did evolve with GREED!

Why you're wrong about capitalism is because it does something that no
other socio-economic  system has done before: it takes a fundamentally
destructive quality of human behavior (greed) and turns it into a
wealth building mechanism.

And then a strange things happens.

As it turns out, we're all greedy ... but only up until a point.  Some
of us are happy with the basics: food, shelter, love, basic security.
Some of us need more: like a stainless steel catback.  But in either
case we all reach a point where we decide we can be charitable.

Who among us doesn't donate to charity or at least hasn't done
charitable things?  Like take care of a sick friend, lend money to
someone down on their luck, etc?

As it turns out, capitalism not only converts our greed to wealth, but
it also exposes and gives us the means to express our compassion.

To me the current problem is access to credit markets.  There are WAY
too many people with access to credit that shouldn't have it.  But ...
we'll see.