Well... I've got some pics, but they're not all good.  ;^)

I've not actually seen it: my wife and her mother went down last week and
took most of the pictures but it was pouring so they didn't get many outside
and my wife...well, let's just say that photography isn't her strong point.

Anyway here's what we got:  ftp://ftp.depressedpress.com/

The house is a split level with 1793 Sq Ft.  Here's the rooms run down:

Main Level

Kitchen (12x11): It's smallish but not too small.  I like the flat range and
the raised oven and my wife loves the window over the sink.  At the last
minute the owner put "Dishwasher 'As Is'" in the contract so we assume it
doesn't work.

Dining Room/Living Room (21x14 + 12x13): These are a big "ell" and have a
lot of potential layouts.  There are two large closets with pocket doors
next to the main entrance and a back entrance into the Dining room.

Upper Level (four steps up from the main level)

Bathroom (10x12): Nice, big bathroom.  Lots of closet space.

Bedroom (12x15): Enough room for our king-size bed AND a couple dressers!

Bedroom (12x14):  Most likely my son's room.  About 2.5 times the size of
his current room.  He'll be swimming in it.

Bedroom (10x12): Most likely my daughter's room; about the same size as her
current room.

Downstairs (stairs from Kitchen)

Family Room (24x14): A nice big room with a small kitchenette in one corner
(stove, sink, fridge).

Bathroom (5x8): A second bath in pretty poor shape.  Everything works it's
just old and the "stars and stripes" wallpaper has got to go.

Two "extra" rooms (11x11 and 11x11): These two rooms off the family room are
done in the same wood planking and have built in wood shelves along one wall
each.  My wife has already staked one out as a dedicated sewing room.  We'll
probably be leaving my office upstairs (sharing the living room) making the
other toy storage and a guest room.

Utility Room (~7x21): This room runs the depth of the garage.  It's got the
washer/dryer, a large utility sink, the furnace, the water heater and the
electrical panel.  It's also got a separate outside entrance which I REALLY
like the idea of (instead of the kids walking through the house dirty or wet
they can come in there and deposit their clothes directly in the washer).

Basement Garage (~19x21): Nice and big but only a one car capacity.  But
plenty roomy enough for a nice-sized work bench and storage.

Outside

There's a 2.5 car carport, open on two sides, overhanging over the garage.
We imagine that someday we'll build a deck over it and put a nice door out
from the living room.

The back door leads to a set of stairs which descend to the garage level and
driveway.

There are only a few feet of land to the rear of the house but there's a
side yard of about 60x50 feet (the lot is 150x50 feet).  The house is on a
corner bordered by two streets and an alley.  The side yard has an asphalt
patio with a basketball hoop and

The significant, but still minor, issue is that the main yard of the house
is kind of isolated - no door leads directly to it.  We hope to fence in the
yard and add a second stair well from the small back porch in that
direction.

The house has central AC and a crawl-space attic.

It's less than five miles away from my (new) office and less than a mile
from the elementary school.

We've signed the contract so unless something odd appears in the inspection
this is our house.  The owner's gone a little hincky on us tho and demanded
that the clause "as is" be appended to the contract.  We then added the
right to dissolve the contract if the inspection found anything wrong which
we considered "excessive".

We think that the dishwasher may not work and possibly the downstairs stove
- I can live with those.  From appearances the house is well taken care of.
The current owner bought it three years ago and put in all new windows,
doors, the central AC and redid the kitchen.  He lives alone and is
apparently moving back to Florida.

The inspection is tomorrow so we'll see if anything more serious is wrong.

Jim Davis