> Cam wrote:
> However, watching it
> and expecting that you have a full understanding of it's impact on the
> economy as a whole is foolish unless you are a full time Economist
> with vast information resources.

Well, sure.  Nobody, even full time economists, have a "full understanding".

So it's like watching football: you might be an expert at the game,
but you never have a full understanding of the teams.  That's what
makes speculating fun.  It becomes even more fun when you add money
into it.  And a downright thrill ride when you're betting your
retirement on it.

Which brings us back to the economy.  I'm betting my retirement on it
so it's fun and useful to know what others are doing - if for no other
reason than to understand the next play the other team might make.