Your other option would be something like the "proxomitron"
(http://www.proxomitron.info/).

It is intended as a filter for ads etc... and works as a proxy, examining
the code pre-browser and stripping or re-writing sections based on
predefined and user customised filters.

However if you turned it's filtering off so that it doesn't do anything
other than pass the info directly to your browser, then open up the log
window (which is real time) you would not only be able to see how long each
request was taking (the log window shows open and close times for each
connection) but you would also be able to spot which request was holding the
process up (one of the graphics, or a flash animation for example)

It would also provide a browser independent method of timing your requests.
Just set both browsers to use 127.0.0.1:8080 as the proxy (or whatever port
you configure it to).

--
Jay