Actually, I used to have one of them.  I swore by it until I tried the
french press.  There's just something about letting your coffee steep
for a while that just makes it really rich.  Of course, if you try
that with folgers, you're going to have an extremely bitter cup o'
joe.  With the right beans though, I don't think you can do better
than a french press.