> Dana wrote:
> Ya, I think you should go tell it on the mountain: "you don't have to be
> poor!"
>
> What bullshit.

oops, I guess you're one of those people that takes a dim view of her
fellow humans.

Ok, well, name a person you've met that if given the right HS
education couldn't find a decent job.

I've never met anyone like that.  The only people I've ever met that
weren't capable of earning a decent living are:

1.) Mentally handicapped.
2.) physically handicapped.

(and I've seen some real success stories here too)

The rest have simply made bad choices and that have, therefore, given
themselves a rough go of it.  Maybe they decided to hit the bottle or
the needle, maybe they got knocked up at 14, maybe they just didn't
know any better.  But none of those excuses means they're not able.

If New Orleans was any indication, there were thousands of perfectly
capable people living below the poverty line.