Well, maybe, but then the next question comes in.

Take two programmers, one that knows CF but not .NET, and one that knows
..NET but not CF.

I like CF, it is great for a lot of things. There are a lot of things it
isn't great for.

But what hurts the pro CF side by saying that .NET doesn't have this, or
Java doesn't have this isn't going to win any arguments. They all have
the same stuff. You know more about using CF, so you can do it faster in
CF. Somebody else knows more about Java, so they will do it faster in
Java.

I've seen many people stick to one language, and work themselves right
out of a job. ColdFusion people, VB people, and just about every other
programmer that has clutched to one language.

Have you ever written code in C#?