> And I guess I am saying that deadbeat is in the eye of the beholder, and
> very often, there but for the grace of god is you, my friend.

How so? A deadbeat is someone who fails to provide for themselves or their
family, even though they have the resources and the capacity to do so.

>I believe in Maslow's hierarchy way more than I do some wierd theory about
>the minimum wage, advocated by someone who does > not use his real name or
>believe in any type of economic thinking.

How does Maslowe's hierarchy come into play? Few would argue that you
require the basic necessities in life before you can develop.  The question
then is how does one achieve this?

> Is there room for improvement in the social fabric? Sure. Do your ideas
> constitue improvements?
>
> As long as you see other people as stupid and needing to be led you will
> not be increasing anyone's freedoms by this or any other grand theory.
>
> Dana

Not sure what his "grand theory" is, but GG's ideas seem to be much more
geared toward personal responsibility, which would be precipitated on a
general belief in the industriousness of the human person, not stupidity or
lack of desire.