heh, linux is so fun. i have the same problem on a linux machine at my house-
not exactly the same, but close enough. the easiest thing to do is just use
yum/yumex and wait until the yum repositories have the latest version of
firefox. beyond that, i think you'll need to figure out what additional
libraries you need to install to get it to work. did you download the source?
if so, you may not have the compiler libaries on your system to allow you to
compile it from source.

wish i could be more help.