I cannot see what the fuss is in either case. Neither person was
making themselves obnoxious, both were silent. From the report it was
the police who overreacted.

In regards to Sheehan and Young:

"The drama in cotton unfolded when Sheehan, who received a spectator
ticket from Rep. Lynn C. Woolsey (D-Calif.), took her seat and
unzipped her jacket, revealing her antiwar message. Sheehan's son,
Casey, was a soldier who was killed in Iraq in 2004.

A Capitol Police officer spotted the words, pointed to her and yelled,
"Protester!" Sheehan said. "He then ran over to me, hauled me out of
my seat, and roughly . . . shoved me up the stairs," she said, adding
that she was handcuffed, taken away, fingerprinted and booked.

That was before the speech.

About 45 minutes into the speech, an officer asked Beverly Young to
step outside, where he told her: "We consider you a protester" because
of her shirt, she said.

She said she angrily challenged officers to explain what law she had
violated, and they threatened arrest.

She said an officer mentioned that Sheehan was removed earlier and
therefore "it was kind of only fair" that she be asked to leave, too.

"They publicly humiliated me," Young told reporters. "They insulted our troops."

So it sounds like the Capitol police were over reacting. But at least
they were non-discriminant in their over reaction.

larry

--
Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment;
and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your

Edmond Burke