Not really. It's this simple, isn't it?

- You should have respect for other people's religious viewpoints.
- If something is offensive to another people's religion, you should try to
avoid it if reasonable.
- It is offensive to intentionally do something that you know is offensive
to someone else, purely because you have the freedom to do it.
- If your religious beliefs have been offended, you have the right to
respond to the offenders within the scope of the law. You can protest
publically. You can call for a boycott.
- If your religious beliefs have been offended, it is WRONG to react
violently to the offenders. Period.

>From all the information in this case, the paper was wrong when it printed
cartoons that would obviously be offensive to Muslims. In turn, Muslims who
responded with guns and violence were wrong.

Now...what do I have wrong here?