it has everything to do with his post. I am saying that the Muslims are people,
and you are telling me that I'm condoning the muder of innocents. These are not
equivalent statements.

What I am trying to get across here is that the sentiments that have been
expressed here since the Danish cartoon protests are part of the problem. They
did this for three hundred years in Ireland. The only way to make it stop is
for everyone to stop.

How did we get on the murder of innocents anyway? Afaik Muslims have held some
violent demonstrations and burned bown an embassy, but they haven't killed
anyone over this. Have they? But in any event, to quote Matt's excellent
phrase, please don't confuse my explanation with my beliefs. I bring up the
civilian casualties in Iraq because each and every one of them makes an enemy
for this country. We may be there with the best of intentions -- though I
sincerely doubt that -- but does the father of a child killed in a mortar
attack believe that?