Damien .
i interviewed for a coldfusion position at OSU BioMed dept a month or two
ago
they specialize in creating software for this already.

primarily hooking into existing db's in each seperate hospital & then
storing the info that is allowed to be shared among other hospitals..

great for cancer research...

man i wish i would have gotten that job.
but 40% of it was technical writing for grants & crap from professors ideas,
and such...

as many of you can tell, i have NO tech writing ability..

oh well.. would have been a 3 mile comute!
to dream the dream..