they still aren't sure of all the relationships, but it is at least correlated
with a LOT of fairly dire illnesses. Atrial fibrillation, for example, which
can lead to stroke...

Depending on severity, it can also cause auto accidents...depending on how
severe the apnea is, it should be treated, in my opinion.