> gMoney wrote:
> this is great....and let me add that this is just basic common sense. The
> more we are paying attention too, the less attention we are paying to each.

I dunno.  I've had to start driving a 27 mile commute so I got a car
with a super cool feature: bluetooth.  It makes the car's audio system
act like a wireless headset;  that is, it routes calls through my cell
phone, but I can leave my cell phone in my bag or pocket.

When I start the car the phone connects to the car and then if a call
comes in it dims the stereo and lets me answer the call.  All the
controls are on the steering wheel.  Yesterday I was on a 45 min conf
call during my entire commute home.  It was about the coolest thing
ever.

So, while I'm all for no handsets, the hands free thing can stay for
now in my book.

But.  I think in the case of accidents your cell phone records should
be automatically checked and if you were on a call, and at fault, you
should be dinged BIG TIME.