> could you please get a free gmail account & resend.
> i cant understand your foreign email.
> i am also sure it is un-patriotic

Thanks Paul. :)

You know it only gets worse, 'cause the folks at the Washington Post
have their heads up their asses on the same subject:

Go here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wl/jobs/JS_ProfileCreate;WashingtonJobsS
ession=ENGEPFBNVcuWP4o8HV27lrAd40ss8BJeGaH21zcCC5vMXA7q0bm1!-205317353
5?TS=1141753476419

to register with them, then type "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" into the email
address field and submit. You get this message:

The e-mail address you have entered is not valid. Please click here
for more information.

So I hit their "more information" link and get this:

=============
Why am I being told my email address is invalid, even though I know it
works?

Why won't the system accept my email address?

Answer
  There are two probable reasons why you are receiving an error
indicating an invalid email address:

1. Please make certain the email address follows the format
[EMAIL PROTECTED], and that there are no extra spaces anywhere within the
address.

2. In order to assure the proper delivery of all emails to your inbox
in a secure and timely manner, our email vendor has placed
restrictions on certain addresses that have been identified as common
sources of spam.
=============

1. It's a valid address... a) it's in the format they provided b) I
receive cf-community mail at this address

2. It's not a known source of spam -AND- ... IT SHOULDN'T FREAKING
MATTER! We're talking about mail you send OUT to people who want job
information from your site.

.... but neither of those are the reason they reject my email
address... I know why they reject it -- because they're dumb-asses and
they haven't bothered to check their email validation routine to
ensure that valid email addresses pass the test. It fails on _any_ .to
domain because they probably have some big ass list of top-level
domains that they're sure are going to be the only TLD's that will
ever exist, but which don't even include all the TLD's that already
exist.

**** Holy Crap! ****

I was wrong... they reject any email address beginning with "info@"...
and didn't bother to make ANY FREAKING MENTION of that in their help
section ... fnckers!

Makes me want to break something -- that belongs to someone else...

"Oh so that's like a metaphor. See I'm more of a literal kinda guy, so
when I do this ::SLAM:: that's me sayin' that I will literally break
your shit off if you ever touch me again. Okay pumpkin?" -- Hitch

> On 3/5/06, S. Isaac Dealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> So I'm filling out the applicant registration for a job
>> site... And
>> right off the bat they don't accept my email address --
>> this I find
>> horribly frustrating... Intollerable actually, because
>> there's no
>> excuse for denying a valid address... and to make matters
>> worse, they
>> provide this message:
>>
>> ===============
>>
>> Please enter a valid email address. A valid email address
>> will look
>> similar in format to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> If your email address originates from outside the U.S.
>> and our system
>> is not accepting it, please consider getting a free email
>> account from
>> Hotmail or Yahoo and using that email address with our
>> system.
>> Alternatively, you can let us know about the problem and
>> we will
>> attempt to resolve the issue for you.
>>
>> ===============
>>
>> So they've begun with a blatant admission that IT'S
>> BROKEN, and are
>> simply disinterested in fixing it and would much rather
>> that their
>> visitors jump through hoops to accomodate their broken
>> software.
>>
>> :::sigh:::
>>
>> Given the situation they've probably not lost huge sums
>> of money as a
>> result of this gou shi, (these visitors are looking for
>> jobs and so
>> more likely to put up with it, plus I don't think the
>> company gets any
>> money from the visitor) but damn... why do people not
>> understand that
>> pissing off users results in losses?

s. isaac dealey     434.293.6201
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?