From: William Bowen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:22 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: military recruiting on college campuses

> Sorry Bill,

It's Will.

> I don't think he does.

So what, exactly would "support" be, then? Abject grovelling at the
feet of the administration? Being a "yes-man" for failed diplomacy?
Handing out flyers showing all the kiddies where the recruiter's
office is, or maybe carrying signs and helping out all those poor
misguided souls that obviously need a direction in life towards the
open waiting arms of the Armed Services recruiters?

Which is it?

> I was about two seconds away ... but opted to go straight to college.

And we all know that this is where the real fight is, no? I mean,
saving all those impressionable minds from egg-headed, liberal
professors. How did you ever make it out alive, much less with your
conservativism intact?

:-)

At any rate, Kevin, Larry did his bit, he earned the right to have his
opinion, whether for or against military recruitment policies.

As it happens I know few vets that served during the Vietnam war and
during Gulf War 1 and now GW2, many of them have low opinions of armed
service in general, especially veterans affairs and the idea of
recruiting for military service. Are they "against the troops"?

I also know a few vets that would give their left whatever to get back
in "the fight."

There's always going to be somebody willing.

Military service isn't for everybody and disagreement with recruitment
tactics/rules/policies != lack of support for those in the field.

--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher