yeah, but the American companies are making more money off it. I hasten to add
that I know nothing, this is all purely speculation, mm, a trial balloon for a
sci-fi novel I am writing, that's the ticket...

But supposing that had been the plan. But it did not go according to plan. Our
Man in Baghdad did not make it as prime minister, did a little time as head of
the oil ministry, and is now, oh, "coordinating"...