From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:04 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: For you grammar types.

This is bothered me for sometime and it would be nice to know an answer, if
one exists.

If one is using an acronym; DSN, DNS, ISSR (IS Service Request, a local
acronym of BloodSource) for example and one wants to express these as a
plural, is there a correct way to do this?  And does it involve an
apostrophe?

In other words is either of these forms more correct then the other?

DSNs vs. DSN's
DNSs vs. DNS's
ISSRs vs. ISSR's

Or is one just not supposed to do this at all?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any attachments is for the
sole use of the intended
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete any
copies of this message.