> so what is your def of a unit?
> when is one formed, and what causes a rift?
> what is the need for a union, and with out
> a fruit, is that cause for colapse?

Only if you want it to be.

My ex-wife is very into the whole idea of placing all of her own
self-worth in our kids. Personally I don't think this is healthy... of
course, part of the problem may be that my own mother is psychotic and
has at various times while I was growing up attempted to live
vicariously through me. Kinda turns you off of the idea of parents
placing that kind of importance on children.

For myself, I would much rather be with a person who is whole and
fulfilled whether or not myself or children or anyone else are
present. At that point, spending time together is a desire rather than
a "need". And in general I tend to think it's a lot healthier to
desire but not "need" time with another person.

But a unit is what you want it to be. If you want it to be you and her
then you're a unit. If either or both of you are bent on the idea of
that being insufficient, then you're not a unit. You could consider
adoption as a possibility -- my own personal preference would be to
take some time and seriously evaluate your reasons for "needing"
children. Or at least, that's what I would do in that situation.

Don't get me wrong, children are great. Imo you need your life to be
about something other than children tho, otherwise the children are
gonna suffer in the long-run. Which is something I unfortunately feel
I'm going to have to struggle with myself as my children get older and
may not understand how their mother isn't a whole person in their
absence.

s. isaac dealey     434.293.6201
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with