back in the 80's we used to have an 18 inch electric cordless mower.  The
battery died pretty quick on it, so my dad replaced it with a deep cycle
marine battery.  We had an acre of land and it would mow half the acre on a
charge.  My dad thought it was great because I could mow at 6:00am without
waking anyone up.  Yeah, real great. :)