Hmmm.
Our little one ran away too, and the only way to fix it is to put her on
a leash and start obedience training. Long leash, teach her to come to
you. Gentle tugs if she resists, big reward of a yummy treat. Every time
she comes to you, yummy treat. Gentleness rules here though. Get her to
trust you. If you only call her when she is bad she won't come.

I have 2 areas the dogs stay in at all times. If there is company, they
are allowed to romp around and visit and play, but otherwise, they ( the
IGs ) have their own couch in the living room, and that's their "settle
down" area. I got them to stay there by catching them every time they
left and saying BAD right in their face, then putting them on the couch,
under a blanket, and saying "settle down". It took several days, but
they both got it.

No matter where upstairs I am or I am with company, if I say "settle
down", they immediately know they need to be on their couch, under their
blankets. They also play with each other on the couch, and it is their
safe area.

In the office, they are in an open crate all day with access to us.

The key with an Iggy is complete adherence to a strict schedule and
routine. Say the same things all the time. Never mix up commands, never
say them differently. Use a proper tone of voice.

Both IGs are excellent with sit, stay, come, potties, settle down, but
only because I make EVERYONE around me do the same if they interact with
them. They always sit when they come in from outside, they always
sit/stay when I am making their food, they ALWAYS settle down when we're
all upstairs. No deviations.

Sounds very regimented, but they are super hyper dogs and you can have a
problem on your hands in no time.

Hope some of that helps ... The long leash and treats trick will take a
little while, and you'll have to be patient with it, but it does work.
The dog NEEDS to associate good happy thoughts when coming to you. If
she is bad and you have to catch her, do not call her, just corner her
and catch her and find her a "settle down" spot. This way under normal
circumstance, you calling doesn't mean she is bad. They are VERY
sensitive dogs. All I need to do is raise my voice at Spike and she
practically cries.

Cheers,
Erika