<quote>
If they are logging in to the network, you may be able to capture the cgi
variables. We do this but have only tried it with IE.. I'm guessing its still
there with FF as well. The cgi are REMOTE_USER and AUTH_USER
</quote>

Yes, they are there because CGI variables come from the web server not the web
browser.  So it is IIS or Apache or whatever you are using that determines the
CGI variables.

With IIS if one uses windows integrated security and turns off anonymous logon,
then IIS will populate cgi.Auth_User with the domain/username of the person
logged onto the client machine.

IIS does this by sending a specific request to the browser for these details.
Internet Explore can respond to this request silently, but Firefox has to
request these details with a dialog box.  Interestingly, Mozella -which has
both IE and FF engines under the hood - can also silently respond to these
requests.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.