See, it's the pendulum thing.  I think we've talked about it here before.
In the US we go so far to the left or right and then swing back the other
way, at least that's what has happened in the past.

You know me man, I'm not one for big government, or intrusive government,
but I'm also not a freaking alarmist.  Things are bad, they may get somewhat
worse, but I still think that our system will force it to turn it around.