Actually there were two concepts in the original that were dropped.  ;^)

One was wildcard based searches (the audience is used to database style % _
wildcards from another app) and the other was search management from two
directions: both the system feature to store all the current-session
searches in a traversable queue and the ability to name and save searches
across sessions.

Both features were dropped for the initial iteration for technical reasons.

Jim Davis