Historically, youth do not turn out. Much of what has just been said is in fact
conventional wisdom, but yes, youth tend not to vote, and a lot of the other
groups who form what might otherwise be a democratic core -- environmentalists,
intellectuals, professionals -- are disenchanted and do not believe that their
votes matter. At the moment I tend to believe that they are correct.