From: Russel Madere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 12:01 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Site Redesign Opportunity

After a year or so of griping, whining, begging and grousing the PTB at work
have decided the home page of our web site MIGHT be too complex.  I get to
come up with a redesign idea this weekend and present it next week.

We are an independant telephone directory publisher.  Our competitors have
better interfaces that us.

I have come up with the following ideas and requirements:

- The home page be a yellow page search with 2 boxes (what and where)
- White and Reverse Number searches will be separate pages with simple
search interfaces
- The interface will have a "tabbed" look
- All searches will default to the new list version with links to the "look
and feel"
- A WAP version of the searches will be available
- The covers of the published directories will link to "portal pages" with 3
search options and links to the most popular headings
- The site will be standards compliant (the IE7 javascript fix will be used
for better IE compliance)
- Current internal pages will be evaluated for usefulness
- Reciprical links will be re-evaluated and may be brought to the home page

What I would like to add are:

- HTML version of the community guides (original content created by my
employer or our partners)
- Topical sections of the site addressing Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida
issues (hurricane prep, new-comer, spanish language, etc.)
- Searchable coupons and better coupon interface

So now I invite the community to give me ideas.  If you could tell your
telephone directory publisher what you wanted on thier website, what would
you demand, request or like?