Just a point Scott, but who do you think funds most non-military research in
the this country. I'll give you a hint - look up who is the biggest employer in
Bethesda Maryland -- National Institutes of Health.

Having developed the atcc site for stem cells (yes we're one of the
repositories for the authorized stem cell lines), this sort of research isn't
cheap. Even with all the equipment already paid for, its very expensive to
establish and grow the stem cell lines in enough quantities to allow for
research to start in the first place. Expensive enough that almost no private
foundations can afford to fund this sort of research.

Its another screwup by the current administration. The twit says its morally
wrong to kill fetuses for stem cells, but its quite all right to kill them when
they are a few years older.