I believe in a strong and stable society with rules of law and I also
believe in the freedom of people to choose their own personal beliefs and
actions. I believe that everyone has the right to a religion without
persecution but the society should not force one on people. I believe that
the government is for the people and by the people. None of this political
ruling elite that we have. If your good and want to help, you do so. If you
suck, you aren't allowed into government. It exists for society, not the
other way around.
Everyone has a right to an education. Everyone has the right to live without
fear of death or harm. Once you have proven you are a responsible adult,
then there are social privileges that should be given such as voting. (yes,
I feel that people without a real clue or responsibility should not be
allowed to vote). Everyone should be required to do some sort of community
service for a time to help society. Military, government, teaching, etc.

Bottom line is that people should be free within the confines of a stable
society and government should be about the administration of the needs of
society, not directing it. But there's more and this is just a mish-mash of
ideas that need to be defined clearer.

But to bring it back to the original thread that started this all, If a
society is physically attacked by those without respect for human life, the
society owes it to their citizens to defend them to the full extent of their
ability. If the enemy sues for peace, allow it as long as they will not
attack again. If the enemy has shown that peace is just a means for them to
attack again, then destroy them. If they use human beings as shields and
have no care for life, then try and not kill civilians, but kill the enemy
no matter what. Only be removing the ability of the enemy to attack will
society be served.

And the media? Either they report the truth and back it up with fact or they
are removed from the position to manipulate society. The media is about fact
and opinion, not false fact and propaganda. If challenged to prove a story,
such as showing the timestamps on photos to prove that the event
photographed was not staged, then they should be required to. They are not
above the law.

  Looters found despoiling the dead were summarily executed by the militia -
stood against the nearest wall or pile of debris and shot without the
hindrance of a trial. The same brutal justice was delivered to amateur
photographers. "Word received from Galveston today indicates that Kodak
fiends are being shot down like thieves. Two, it is stated, were killed
yesterday while taking pictures of nude female bodies."

  - Dallas News, September 14, 1900.