I'm not going to argue this with you other than to say that these things
overlap with my civilian job at times.

AQ is not what it once was.

These types of attacks (Spain, London) are being done by small loosely
organized groups.  That's how they stay below the radar.

Look at the group arrested in Canada with AQ ties.  Yeah, if by ties you
mean they were on the same web site that some AQ might have visited once.

And that's about all I have to say about that.