I judge the NY Times as unreliable for not seeing the problem in the first
place. They have layers of editors and checkers for this type of stuff. I
assume that this went through these layers without comment. As for the blog,
I'm only judging them for and on this single article/issue and only based on
my being able to verify their information. If a blog says something and I
can't verify it, then it's only commentary/speculation. I need to know for
sure and see for myself.
On a related note, just because I like a post from a blog does not mean I
like the blog. Michelle Malkin has some great stuff, but can take a single
thing and beat it over and over (such as today when she stated "young Muslim
males" over and over as the suspects in the airplane terrorism case). Little
Green Footballs tends to be very good, but again, I need to be sure of their
information as with all information sources.

Personally, I want everyone to be like me. Take all news with a grain of
salt and examine it. Take all blog posts with a grain of salt and judge
them. Be just a little paranoid that there are people out there looking to
trick and manipulate you. Don't let them.