The initial setup drive the prices up (since it is more expensive to
operate than a landfill, which is just open space), which makes it a
tough sell.

The increase is paid for by each hauler, and if they have a choice,
will always take it to the cheaper place.

Down in CT, they put on in about 20 years ago (also Wheelabrator, I
think), and hauling prices are now back down to landfill cometative
rates.

But these are mainly just for household garbage, not hauling.

There are also problems with heavy metals and chemical contamination
(at least with the one in CT).