> I wanted a good camera so I got the 30d (since
> most of our fashion photographers use the 20d).

Well, once you get the hang of it, you should be really happy with the quality
you get it, it will blow away results from a P&S.

> I'm getting the hang of it, im ok with well lit and outdoor but indoor
> with artifical lights and poor lighting is hit or miss, especially
> without really using a tripod.

Get a tripod ASAP! You also said you need a flash...for indoor shots, a bounce
flash like the 420EZ is definitely a must have. You can get one cheap on ebay.

> i still need to use a high shutter speed but they come out ok. I gotta
> be careful not to get them to good tho.

What ISO are you using? Depending on your needs, you may be able to bump it up
a bit.

> That pic you did is nice, I think i drink too many cappachinos to hold
> that still for a closeup!

LOL, well I *should* have been using a tripod but I didn't have one with me. So
was very lucky to get that good a shot. Closeups are a real challenge if you
try to handhold because if you move at all, the focus will change.

> Just started using camera raw, pretty cool stuff!

Yup, whenever possible shot in RAW, it's really great once you learn how to use
it. Some great books out there on using RAW.

> btw~ im just getting ready to work with your cart on that project :)

LOL, excellent. ;-)

Mary Jo