On 9/5/06, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Maureen wrote:
> > And God said "I wll give you truth".  And Satan said "I will organize
> > it, and call it religion".
> >

> Thanks, BTW, any idea where that comes from?

I've been saying it for years, but whether I heard it somewhere or it
just came out of my brain I don't know.  The only Google reference is
to a post I made to this list in April, 2002.  Remembering what I was
thinking that far back is scary.

Here's that post:

>At 11:57 AM 4/15/02, someone wrote:
>There is nothing in the Christian religion that condones killing!  As a
>matter of fact, Jesus preached about turning the other cheek.

This is true, but his fan clubs have been armed for ages.

It's the political structure of organized religion that has been the
motivating factor behind all the killing done in God's name.  Just
because some theocrat claims to be speaking for God, doesn't make it
so.

And God said:  I will give you truth
And Satan said: I will organize it and call it religion